Tuesday, December 7, 2010

OH, TO BE ORGANIZED!

It’s nothing new. I am extremely disorganized. Where it perhaps is most disconcerting is in my computer files. In the course of 20 years or so, I’ve filed all sorts of information on my computer, only to lose track of it. It would take a band of angels to clean up my files and make them serviceable. Or to instill in me a clear and permanent sense of how the computer works. But today I’m making a pathetic little gesture against the hopeless weight of confusion and messiness that my ways are heaping down on me. Before it joins the endless piles of saved, indeterminate stuff, I will share some writing that I saved over the past two days in my inbox as something to peruse later.

What Ails You Newsletter (Written by the neighbor of a painter friend) (I respect this work, but don’t know how to make it work for me.)
www.what-ails-you.com

Blue Valentine (Huffington Post article by Dr. Logan Lefkoff) (Hypocracy about sex is one of my pet subjects.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-logan-levkoff/blue-valentines-nc-17-a-t_b_792919.html

Everything is Related (Huffington Post article by Se. Gary Hart) (If anyone reads my blogs about governance and simplicity below, they will see my confused efforts to deal with the same issue.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gary-hart/everything-is-related_b_793119.html

Transparency: The New Source of Power: (Huffington Post article By Jeff Jarvis) (I see public nudity as a metaphor for transparency. I’d like to see an option for nude screening at airports, obviating the need for harmful irradiation and obscene pat downs.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-jarvis/transparency-the-new-sour_b_792213.html

No comments: