Wednesday, January 17, 2018

IN OFW MODERATION

Your comment is awaiting moderation. 
Lots of welcome scholarship here. My long association with a Tropical island makes it clear that the sea level there has risen dramatically in my lifetime (and I’ve not heard any of my Methuselah-aged .elders say anything about it having risen and subsided in their time. There’s a similar story with glaciers that I can see with my own eyes are melting. It also seems that if an unprecedented amount of greenhouse gasses get emitted over the last couple centuries, that should have some effect on climate, whatever it may be. That the polar vortex has slowed, bringing unusual Arctic air down to lower elevations than usual doesn’t seem like a fantastic notion to me. If climate has become erratic and some places are much colder than previously, and some hotter, while there may be gradual over all warming throughout the combined planetary systems of air, land and water (despite the complexity of the subject) doesn’t seem outlandish. My new word for the day, Syllogism: Because I accept the high likelihood of warming, it doesn’t mean that I give a s..t about Al Gore or any environmental organization that goes on and on about warming. On the contrary, I don’t care for them at all. I don’t like EV’s, solar panels or batteries…batteries especially. Warming is also far from being my main concern. But I find it reasonable to accept that the planet is warming, and not in a necessarily beneficial way for living beings like ourselves.

No comments: