Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Quonset Hut Pop Up

Re: Photos from your exhibit(ion).
From:e.
To:heliops
Date:Thu, May 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Lovely to hear from you, Michael. Sandi and I would be most interested in attending your September show. The display I shared took place at the park in Cerrillos, and there will be a similar opportunity to show in Cerrillos again in the fall (this time on the booth-lined main street, with burro races, and many kinds of entertainment in the park). A landscape-architect professor friend in Miami asked me about a text for my work too, and I'm trying to understand what he and a reference of his would like to see. (You may be able to help me by sharing what you would appreciate seeing, what areas or themes. It's really amazing that your and Roberto's concerns are so in sync.) I plan to develop the pop up theme for the fall Cerrilos show, possibly including a pop up roof as well, using the "same" materials. I'd love to see what the quonset hut has to offer in terms of spacial and other pertinent ideas. I'd be glad to talk more with Dee, and see pictures of the space whenever possible. Our number is 505-455-7926.

Warmest wishes for you and Phil.

Trevor

  
-----Original Message-----
From: diaz/loomis <heliops@aol.com>
To: trevoroche <trevoroche@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, May 28, 2019 6:28 pm
Subject: Re: Photos from your exhibit(ion).
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for forwarding these images.  I really appreciate the text and the consciousness about using found materials.  I think they offer new directions for content and intention, no?   Maybe gifted materials, too.

Where was this show?  My friends Dee Homans and Andy Davis have recently acquired a quonset hut which they've installed on their land off of the 599 bypass.  Their intention is to offer it to artists for pop-up shows.  They had their inaugural show 1 1/2 weeks ago and the space really worked well.  Dee asked me to pass the word on so if you're interested in showing your work there just let me know and I'll put you two in touch.

I'll be having one at 5.Gallery in September.  Opening 9/20, I believe.  I hope you and Sandy can make it.

Let's keep it up!

Michael
Quanset Hut

Hi Michael,

Hope you're both thriving. This is just to show you that I DID use the wonderful (hoped to one day be famous) yellow sheet you shared with me! :-)

With huge thanks,

Trevor

No comments: