Monday, January 21, 2019

HERITAGE (Insert Heritage image in picture file)

https://www.facebook.com/Rootscutturebysimonemyrie/photos/a.567469363316737/643556422374697/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

eremy Hood--Heritage
I think we need to save whatever of it still exists, and then restore or replace what has been lost. There is no mental space for thinking any more of it needs to be lost to "progress." We note that this scene involves sustainable lifestyle (as with secure water catchment and storage. It also shows what I call heritage landscape, also reflective of self-sufficiency. But then there is the little building too. I'm searching for a better way to lump all these things under HERITAGE. And then congregate all this heritage systematically under THE INSTITUTE OF JAMAICA (IOJ), which was set up in 1879 to incorporate just this kind of integration. I live abroad, and though I beg and plead for someone on the rock to go talk with the head of IOJ about a broad, holistic heritage plan for the entire country, my pleadings fall on deaf ears.

No comments: