Friday, January 25, 2019

TOO EARLY FOR EDITS


Since I'm hoping this will fit into Lynn's reading schedule, I'll keep it somewhat short, not including Jo's very extensive and welcome comments today just now.

Jo, I wrote the following before I read your email, and hope it explains a little bit better that I'm not trying to evade money; just to integrate it with other things so as to make it go farther. It's not the way the world thinks about money, but it may be an alternative worth looking into. (BTW, I surprised my spouse today...and myself...in how focused I was about money. I don't believe she expected me to be as concerned with her huge credit card balance, incurred for our shared benefit. I think she thought it was HER responsibility to pay off--although I've already started to chip in to a degree she may also find surprising.). And I was very clear that it was OUR responsibility and that I had a very logical plan for going about it. She didn't exactly say it, but I think she was surprised that my thinking was so strong and so practical. I'm very very thrifty, and my old organization was never in the red. So what to others would be a small sum of money goes a long way with me. But imagine combining these qualities with MAKING money! The following might explain the premise or principle behind how I see this working:

ENERGY

- Money is a token of future energy supply

- It is all about energy basically--spiritual, mental, physical

- You might say that energy is the essential principle, but that it manifests in various ways--spiritual, mental, physical included

- Physical energy tends to be seen to exclusion of nonmaterial forms of energy

- That syndrome is linked to the divorcing of business from interlocked energy dynamics 

- The business-first approach compartmentalize itself away from the the spiritual

- For convenience, I distinguish physical energy as follows: physical energy=(energy), spiritual energy=(spirit) 

- Energy and spirit are interlocking flows.

------------------------

FODDER TO BE MINED, REFINED AND WEEDED

Here's a kind of list of singled out subjects I've recently been thinking are sure things for me. I don't know what to call them--subjects, issues, ideas or what:

- all school children and students need to be helping deal with the real world'd crises

- all colonial structures should be saved--we haven;t even studied or documented them!

- all colonial environments need to be photodocumented and measured (cursorily measured even)

- marine sanctuaries should go at regular intervals all around Jamaica's coast (and possibly all coasts in the world)

- none of the above is all that technically hard or beyond the financial means of the world

- if that is true, what's holding us back is how and what we think or believe

- we can't get anywhere by rushing forward amidst disfunction--inside us or in the world outside

The above looks like a reasonable starting point for discussion, but smarter ways to begin a discussion abound--I'm either not seeing them or can't accept or understand them

----------------------

THE FUNNY NIHILISTIC PART

I'm not chasing down specific outcomes, or tying to "succeed." The only success I'm trying for is to develop a plan of action that is as compelling as I can make it. That is a very serious goal. 
The world is self organizing, meaning that we neither can EXPECT nor should chase down specific outcomes. What I see us required to do is create a plan of action that is so thoughtfully geared toward a desired and probable outcome, so inspired, so  elegant and yes, so beautiful that, like honey, it catches a large number of flies. If my plan of action (like when I make artwork that resonates) delights me, it is very likely to delight others. 

No comments: